Boys Over Flowers
Boys Over Flowers Hana Yori Dango 流星花園, 花より男子- 꽃보다 男子 or 꽃보다 남자 The many names of one of the most popular drama series I have seen so far. Its a Sunday night and I’m waiting around for 8 o’clock to come so I thought I should finally do a review.
My review however is not going to be a typical review. There are 5 different versions of the same show. I’ve only watched parts of each of them. (Minus the Korean one I’ve watched all of that so far.) I figure I’ll give you the main idea of what the story is about, then as I finish each series I will go into detail of what I liked about that one in particular series or what I hated about that series. To have it all on one entry would take far to long.
FYI I will not be giving names locations or any fine tuned detail in this blog. In each series the names, characters, places and situations are different. I will, however, explain the general setting and basis of the story.
There is a hard working, determined, but very stupid, working, poor ass girl. She has somehow gained entrance to one of the most elite schools in the Eastern world. The school is mostly made of rich snobby children. With in those snobby children are 4 guys (who call them selves the “F4-Flower Four”) who basically run the school. Their parents are very influential and rich. They donate a lot of money to the school, there for their children are allowed to do whatever they want. (example bully people, doesn’t have to wear school uniforms ..yadayada…) Shes determined to live out the rest of her high school life unnoticed by the rich families around her. One day however she sticks up for a girl who has accenditly troubled the leader of the F4. The next day she finds the “red notice in her locker”. In this school you do not want the “red notice’ This is to inform all the students that she is the new target. Everyone starts to bully her this is the F4’s revenge. She is very strong willed and will not give in easily. Almost 3 weeks go by with everyone in the school against her, eventually has enough and kicks the crap out of the leader. He is stunned no one has ever treated him like this before. He starts to get very interested in this poor girl. He plays practical jokes on her and becomes more and more infatuated with her…eventually…he starts feeling more towards her then this bully/friend relationship…..and that’s where I am going to stop. Basically is the jist of the story all the versions are very different.
My next review will be for Hana Yori Dango the Anime version.
Also an Interesting Fact. Hana Yori Dango is loosly baised off the Novel Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice being my all time favorite book I guess I will now have to read the Manga. :) No wonder I am so addicted to the Dramas. lol
—————–Click More for the list of Boys over Flowers versions.———————
These are the review that will be coming up in the next little while.
So I watched 2 series of this show out of the 5 different versions they have.
- (Hana Yori Dango 花より男子 made in 1992 Japanese) is the Manga which I have not read. The artistry isn’t my style and it seems really old. I just don’t know I’ll have to look into it further before I decide to read it.
- (Hana Yori Dango 花より男子 made in 1996 Japanese) is the Anime. I’ve watched it and will be doing a review for that.
- (Hana Yori Dango: The Movie 花より男子 made in 1996 Japanese) is the Anime Movie. I haven’t watched this it was hard for me to find. But I can and will find it.
- (Meteor Gardens 流星花園 2001 Taiwan) is a Live Drama. I have watched this completely..but then I realised that….
- (Meteor GardensII 流星花園II 2002 Taiwan) TV Series Live Action.Yes they made a second half a year later. I was wondering why the first Meteor Garden ended half way through the story
- (Hana Yori Dango 花より男子 2005 Japan) Tv Series Live Action. This was the first one I fully watched through and then I watched the Korean version not realising there was a second season of this version too.
- (Hana Yori Dango Returns 花より男子2(リターンズ) 2007 Japan) Tv Series Live Action.I still have yet to watch this, but it looks good.
- (Hana Yori Dango Final 花より男子ファイナル 2008 Japan) Movie. Live Action. This one I just found out was available as I was looking the information up. Haha. OMG..I got a lot of watching to do.
- (Boys over Flowers 꽃보다男子 March 2009 Korean) Live Action. This one I have watched through and really liked it.
- (Meteor Showers 起来看流星雨 Aug 2009 China) Live Action this one is still on going.
Wow I have a lot I need to catch up on. I’d really like to watch Meteor Showers as its airing so I don’t know what I am going to do.
You may be wondering why it says 10 versions…well a lot of them are the second series so I just counted it together.